I made a point of texting one of my closest friends on Father’s Day this year just so I could share this thought with him: You’re not just a Dad, you’re a Dog Dad. Dog Dads are the luckiest Dads in the world.
In our last Party Blog post, I shared ideas for a Dog Dad Party with Burgers & Mojitos. This blog post keeps the love for Dog Dads going with Dog Dad gifts that are perfect all year long!
I think unexpected gifts are the best kind. Gifts that are given because someone loves you and thinks you’re awesome. Gifts full of love and gifts full of fun.
My pup believes that all Dog Dads should be showered with unexpected, perfect gifts that are all about Dog Dads. We’ve found the only 3 gifts you need. And yes, one of them involves cocktails!
3 Pawsome Dog Dad Gifts
It’s always easy to buy a Pet Parent a gift, because you know they love their dog, so dog-themed presents are perfect. Here are some fun ideas for the “DogFather” in your life. Click on the picture to purchase.
Mojitos are the Perfect Cocktail for Dog Dads
Our perfect Dog Dad gift list includes two cocktail glass options, so, of course, we want to make sure that your Dog Dad has recipes for the perfect summer cocktail. In a recent Party Blog post, we shared our ideas for a bacon-garnished mojito. Because this drink is such a great choice for a summer party, we’ve included some variations on the basic mojito.
Conveniently, National Mojito Day is July 7th. The mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail, which consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, soda water, and mint. Its combination of sweetness, citrus, and herbaceous mint flavors is intended to complement the rum.
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce raspberry-flavored vodka
- 1 ounce light rum
- 2 ounces club soda
- 4 mint leaves
- 4 raspberries
- Muddle mint leaves, raspberries, simple syrup, and lime juice together in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka and rum. Cover and shake until chilled.
- Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into a lowball (rocks) glass and top with club soda.
Brown Sugar Mojito
- 8 mint leaves, plus 1 sprig for garnish
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 lime, juiced, plus 1 lime wedge, for garnish
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1 bottle club soda, chilled
- Tear the mint leaves and place in a glass.
- Add the brown sugar and lime juice and muddle the ingredients together with the tip of a wooden spoon.
- Add some ice and pour in the rum.
- Fill the rest of the glass with some club soda.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a mint sprig.
Celebrating Dog Dads Every Day of the Year
Every Dog Dad I know works hard so his dog can have a better life. My kind of guy!
CHEERS to being a Dog Dad.
Celebrating laughter and love and friendship every day of the year with your dog.